Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome Back!

     I love keeping students and their family and friends informed through a blog.  It takes a lot of time, but hopefully you will enjoy reading and come back to visit often!  To start the new school year off, I would like to start by introducing myself to you.

     Growing up, I was Amanda Jech.  Except for college life, I have lived in Marshalltown my whole life.  I graduated from Marshalltown High School in 2001.  I attended Nebraska Christian College for 2 years and received an Associates Degree in General Studies.  I then transferred to the University of Iowa where I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Math. While at the UI, I was on the marching band drumline.  We were fortunate to go to two bowl games in Florida as well as perform at both Michigan State and Michigan! I student taught in the 3rd grade at Rogers Elementary.  After substitute teaching for a semester, I was hired as a 4th grade teacher at Fisher Elementary.  I have been here ever since!  I am now in my 7th year of teaching 4th grade.  I love this age!


     Since I started teaching, I have gotten married and had two children.  My husband, Brian, farms in State Center with his dad.  He also enjoys flying with his small plane pilots license.  Gavin will be 4 in January.  He is very tall for his age!  I can't believe how fast he has grown up.  He loves playing with tractors and always watches out for his little sister.  Annika will be 2 in December.  She keeps us on our toes!  We have discovered that she is left handed.  She likes to copy her older brother.

     In my next blog, I will discuss more of the things we have begun learning and how our new year has started off.  I will leave you with a few pictures of my family and me as well as a picture of our new school that I took from the air!










-

1 comment:

  1. hey mrs.freiburg i love this thanks for putting it up!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete