Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rocket Math


What is Rocket Math?  Rocket Math asesses basic facts.  Each test has 40 problems and students get 1 minute to complete.  They start at "A" and progress on to "B", etc.  Each test gets progressively harder.  If a student does not pass all 40 problems, they take the same test again.  This has been very motivating for most students to learn their basic facts.  There are rockets in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.  PLEASE make sure your child is practicing their basic facts at home.  We do not spend a lot of time in class learning these, but they still need to know them.  Flash cards can be purchased at Wal-Mart for a fairly inexpensive price (around $1.00).  Ask your child what Rocket (add, sub, mult, div.) they are doing and how they are progressing on it.

8 comments:

  1. I love rocket math!!!!!!! Its so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I get past q for subtraction on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou, for giving us rocketmath!! It helps me get better at my math facts! It is really fun!!




    Sincerely,
    Jacob Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rocket math!! It helps me do better in math and helps me know my math facts more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocket math is really cool and AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO I past all of subtraction and on multiplucation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on F for multiplucation but I might of past F so then I'm on G

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I past M for multiplucation. I haven't had to redo any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete