Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Move It!

In class, we did an activity called "Move it!" to help students summarize and remember the story Boss of the Plains.  They really enjoyed it and wanted another opportunity to "perform."  I told them I would paste the summary and actions on the blog.  This way, you can read it to them and they can perform the actions for you. :)

Everyone wore different hats (action) because of the weather (action).

John made hats (action) in the East (action) while everyone went West (action).  John was bored (action).

John got sick (action) so he decided to go West (action) to look for gold (action).

Finally, John felt better (action) because of the open air.  John told his friends that he could make a tent (action) out of rabbit’s fur.

John used his skills (action) to make felt.  They could finally sleep in warm tents (action) while they dug for gold (action).

John made a hat with a wide brim (action) and tall crown (action) to keep the sun out of his eyes (action) and rain off his back (action).  A man bought one for $5 (action).  After awhile, he decided to move back East (action) and make hats (action) again.

He wanted to be different so he decided to make his hat (action) and named it Boss of the Plains.

Orders for the new hat (action) poured in from the West (action).

The hat (action) could be used in many different (action) ways.

John became famous (action) for his hat (action).

13 comments:

  1. That was fun when we did that!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite anthology activity yet!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really fun because, we got to do the actions of Boss of the Plains. That was the best anthology activity so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do that on our next anthology story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that I was going to forget all the actions but I remembered all of them!!!!from Skyla McCoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On move it, it was fun!!! and I remember it!!! it was so cool. Thank you Mrs.Freiberg for teaching us move it!!! By,Shakira

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so easy I even have the actions memorized. But it was very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I said it was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. COOL!!! by shakira

    ReplyDelete
  10. RUBI MORELOS HERNANDEZDecember 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM

    MY FAVRITE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the story Boss of the plains

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked doing all of those actions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today I saw the add Boss Of The Planes and I still remeber the actions. You were righ Mrs.Freiberg .You said if we did this we would help use remember the story. And it worked.

    THANK YOU MRS.FREIBERG

    ReplyDelete