Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Math Topic 7

Our current math unit is called "Multiplying by 2-Digit Numbers.  The lessons are as follows:
  1. Using Mental Math to Multiply 2-Digit Numbers
  2. Estimating Products
  3. Arrays and an Expanded Algorithm
  4. Multiplying 2-Digit Numbers by Multiples of Ten
  5. Multiplying 2-Digit by 2-Digit Numbers
  6. Special Cases
  7. Problem Solving: Two-Question Problems
Vocabulary we are reviewing is: array, compatible numbers, estimate, multiple, partial products, and rounding.
We will be learning the standard algorithm for how to solve a 2-digit by 2-digit problem.  This is much like many of you (parents) learned how to solve a problem when you were in school.  Please make sure your child is doing their homework every night and encourage them to ask questions when they don't understand.

8 comments:

  1. I like learning about 2 digit by 2 digit nunbers it was fun!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the topic 7
    test i did not miss that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Math topic 7 unit is so fun because, we multiply two digit by two digit numbers for example: 61x98 = 1,037. I fond that out by doing it on the computer screen but, then it got a mess so that is how I got the answer by doing it horizontly. Then I earased it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I was in M&M math in Mrs. Trickett's class and she taught us how to multiply by 2 digit numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two didgit multipling is fun and easy. I know how to do three digit by three digit mutipling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to write down the problems in independt pratice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in M&M Math,too. Now I think multiplying by a two digit numbers by a two diget numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunter EygabroadMay 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM

    I think Mrs. Freiberg is a very smart teacher that is doing very well with her students :)

    ReplyDelete