Monday, December 13, 2010

Spelling

Most weeks, students are receiving a spelling list.  We discuss the meanings of the words at the beginning of the week and test at the end of the week.  I usually assign ABC spelling in cursive as homework on Mondays and a practice spelling test at home the night before we test at school.  Students also have an opportunity to practice these words during their Guided Reading independent times.  When students are practicing the words at home, please make sure they are also understanding the meanings/ definitions of the words.  

5 comments:

  1. The spelling we do is fun because,we get to say the word,spell the word,and come up with a defenition for the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when we write the meanings of the words because i understand the words better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think doing what we've been doing is helping me understand the meanings of the words and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spelling helps me Understand and Remember!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked writing the defenition because it helps me remeber how to spell it and learn the word so when I get the spelling test sometimes I get one hundred percent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete