Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rocket Math

This is a reminder that your child should be frequently practicing basic facts flash cards at home.  We do not spend a lot of instructional time at school learning basic facts as they should be acquired over the elementary years.  We are, however, continuing Rocket Math.  I believe that basic facts should be automatic, not require thinking to figure them out.  Rocket Math has the same goals.  We have started using study sheets to practice for a couple minutes before taking the test every day.  With this, there are several students that are still struggling to pass the tests, even at the addition level.  Please make this a priority with your child!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm on K for division

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocket math is so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocket is so fun because, we get to practice on the sheets were on and then we usally pass it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like doing the new arrangement that you made, I think it helped a lot of people with completing rocket math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![It's helping me to!!!](:(:(:(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new way you did rocket math.I am on t for multiplucation but i think i past it so then i am on u. I have not had to redo any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocket math is so FUN Mrs.Freiberg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope i get done by September.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish every one was on divsion

    ReplyDelete
  9. RUBI MORELOS HERNANDEZDecember 10, 2010 at 7:48 AM

    I THINK THE STUDY SHEET IS REALY HELPING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sheets make me even better!~!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. im on set u for subtraction multipulcation here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the the new sheets were doing really help me thats how i past set t on subtraction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finaly past set v yes!!!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the practice sheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(:(:<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am almost done with rocket math Mrs.Freiberg! I have passed multiplcation, division, and addition! Soon I will probally pass subtraction, too.

    ReplyDelete