Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Midwest Unit

On Friday, students will be starting a Social Studies unit with me on the Midwest Region.  These are things they will be learning and that you can discuss with them:
  • What are the 12 states in the Midwest Region?
  • What are the definitions of ore, livestock, tornado, prairie, blizzard, assembly line, migration, teepee, frontier, agribusiness, reclamation, lake effect, Conestoga wagon, food processing?
  • What types of things did pioneers make themselves? 
  • Who were the Lakota and what do you know about them?
  • What were the Roaring 20's like?
  • What crops are grown in the Midwest?
  • What is the climate of the Midwest like?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, for teaching the Midwestern Region to us! I like it because, some of it is about our state!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until Social Studies, I want to learn a lot about Reigons

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video filled me in on the unit. I think it will be a fun unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Midwest Region because it is really FUN and, that I never knew what the Great Lakes were called that before until you teached us!!! I also didn't know we had Central Plains!! But I knew we had the Great Plains!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This unit is the best unit so far!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned alot more about our state because your teaching us more about it

    ReplyDelete