Friday, March 11, 2011

Anthology Comprehension Questions

These are some questions that students should be able to answer after reading the Anthology story, Marven of the Great North Woods.

  • What does Marven think of Jean Louis at first?  How and why does his opinion change?
  • Why is Marven so good at adjusting to life in the logging camp?  Give examples of how he solves some problems there.
  • How do you think Marven's experience in the great north woods might have changed him?
  • What do you think Marven will miss about the logging camp when he returns home?
  • If you had to spend the winter at a logging camp, what would you be worried about?  What would you look forward to?
  • Both Maria Isabel and Marven have problems getting used to a new place.  Compare and contrast their experiences.
Marven of the Great North Woods by Kathryn Lasky

8 comments:

  1. I like coprehension ouestions!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the book Marven of the Great North Woods! I also liked when we did the coprehension questions. When we did the comprehension questions it helps me understand and remember the story better! I liked how some of the book was true! It was a long book but, it was a good book. Finally, I also like the book because the author was using descriptive words and the illustrator did a great job on using good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the book Marven in the great woods. But i think its based on a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was really good. It makes me more interested in the book when it is based on real life. It is very very long but really good. Thank you for asking comprehension questions, it makes me remmember what we read. Marven is a really good skiier by the way!!!!!!! Sorry if I put to much exclamation marks. I think our next book that we are going to read is The Last Dragon. My friend told me. He goes to J.C. Hoglan. He says it is a really good book. I'm pretty sure It's about a dragon. Now finally I'm done with this huge comment, it took 5 minutes. PHWEW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Marven In The Great North Woods is a long but good book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book Marven of the Great North Woods is long and is a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the book Marvin Of The Great North Woods because the author put in a lot of thought
    into what they wrote! The illisrator did an amazing job! So many colorful pictures to enjoy!
    The author and illistrator did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete