Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anthology Vocabulary

These are the vocabulary words that students have learned for the story, The Last Dragon.

Key Vocabulary
Definition
Sentence
Characters
(p.468)
Symbols or letters used in printing
The red characters looked strong and fierce.
Crest
(p.460)
Something, such as feathers, that grows on an animal’s head
The Last Dragon had a faded face, a scraggly crest, and no eyes.
Fierce
(p.468)
Wild and mean; dangerous
The red characters looked strong and fierce.
Homage
(p.459)
Special public honor
She grumbled about how the dragons of her childhood were royal in appearance and received the homage of every living thing.
Scales
(p.466)
Small, thin, flat parts that cover a fish or reptile
One day she began to sew on shining scales.
Snaked
(p.476)
Moved in a winding and twisting way
… he snaked among the tables and around the room.
Teeming
(p.476)
Full, crowded
And so the Last Dragon paraded through the teeming streets of Chinatown.

8 comments:

  1. My group had to try to act out homage it was easy we just had to salute to the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Sanchez MartinezMarch 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM

    I like these words because we are learning them with Mrs.Clark but I just keep on forgeting the definition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My group had fringe it was HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my group and I had to act out characters it was funny at first, but then we got it right and it was not funny anymore. But that still was a very fun anthology activity we did! I also liked that other groups got to act out different words to and we got to write them and draw a picture. I hope we do that activity again with different words! Finally, I liked when we looked in our books and you read the paragraphs with the words in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this book will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wade Michael CanadayMarch 15, 2011 at 8:42 AM

    We had the group for characters that was the hardest Shakira!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are some other sentences that use some of the words.
    We pay homage to soldiers that have died in war when we put the flag half way up.
    When I rode my bike yesterday, I snaked through the cars in the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here are some more sentences that use some words.
    When I went to Andventerland it was teeming with peopl.The immens fish had a big slimy crest.

    ReplyDelete