Monday, March 28, 2011

New Social Studies Unit- The Mountain States

Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado make up the Mountain States region, with its rugged terrain and abundant wildlife.  The region has long been home to the Shoshone people, many of whom made a living by following and hunting buffalo herds.  Many Shoshone still make their home in the region.  The Lewis and Clark expedition mapped much of the area, which experienced a boom after gold was found there.  Minerals from Earth remain an important part of the economy today.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad we are learning about the mountain states! I like them because they are some of my favorite states. I hope we learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today we are gonna start the mountain states i am very excited the mountain states sounds really fun, can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten 100% 5 times in a row for science.
    Lets see if i can get 6 in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mountain state are my fovorit states because most of the land was owned by france then the US it was purchased by tomas jefferson who was crisesed for it and not going to corut when he doubulued the size of amrica his secretary was captain meriwether lewis who led the lewis and clark expedtion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have memoizethe 5 states; Montana,Idaho,Utah,
    Colorado,and Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I MEANT ;I HAVE MEORIEZE THE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the Mountain States unit is great! It's realy fun! ( + I memorized the states to.
    Wyoming,Idaho,Colorado,Montana, and Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer Sanchez MartinezMay 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM

    I am glad that we are learning about the Mountain states,you learn more about them and you learn more about how they are made.

    ReplyDelete